Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cranberry Chess Pie

I am BEYOND happy to finally be sharing this recipe with you guys.  I first made this last year, the day before Thanksgiving.  I also decided I would attempt my first homemade pie crust.  What turned out was nothing short of ugly, due to what can only be described as “the incredible shrinking pie crust”.  Miraculously I somehow made it work, and completed the pie.  The final product was so incredibly delicious, I knew I’d make it again this year to share on the blog with all of you.  As it turned out, I was asked to guest blog on a local blog I love, and my guest post would run the Thursday before Thanksgiving.  What a great opportunity to share this incredible pie with even more people!  To see the recipe, just head on over to Styleblueprint.

PS. I have no more guest posting duties lined up for a while, and no more birthdays, announcements, etc!  I promise!  Completely back to normal posting next week, with a recipe to utilize your leftover turkey!

11 Responses to “Cranberry Chess Pie”

Jessica — November 16, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

Mmm this looks soooo good! I just picked up a bunch of fresh cranberries and I think I am going to try this out on the hubs office potluck!

Julie @ Table for Two — November 17, 2011 @ 8:18 am

Nom nom, this looks good. I love tart & sweet desserts!

JulieD — November 17, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Erin, wow, I’m not really into cranberry desserts but you might be changing my mind! This looks amazing!

Kacey — November 17, 2011 @ 2:26 pm

Bring this to Thanksgiving. Please and thank you.

• Erin replied: — November 17th, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

You don’t think I’d be stepping on Grandma’s toes?! Her desserts are always delicious! But I love this pie, so maybe I’ll make it to bring!

Shannon — November 17, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

I’m not really that crazy about cranberries, but this looks awesome! Very Christmasy.

Kelsey — November 18, 2011 @ 3:08 pm

I love anything and everything cranberry. This looks insanely delicious and would be a gorgeous addition to any holiday table. WOW!

Kelly — November 23, 2011 @ 9:18 am

I’m always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving (my mom hates making dessert, and it’s the one thing I’m good at). So glad you posted this, because I was trying to figure out what to do this year! Can’t wait to make it and try it! My first chess pie! Erins Food Files style!

Jennifer @therebelchick — November 28, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

This looks delicious!

9. Pingback: One Pie ahaha, Two Pies ahaha, Three Three Pies ahaha « Technical Chowder

Mary — December 11, 2011 @ 9:56 am

My husband does not like super sweet things…He LOVED this pie. Plus, it is easy.
    Thank you for a new addition to my recipes!